Here are some awards which need handing out! I’ve tried to be fair so if I’ve already given you something before, then that’s why I haven’t given you something here. But scroll down, there’s something special for all of my wonderful readers at the bottom!
Please note that all of the awards are optional and that you do not have to receive them!
In no particular order…
Firstly, I would like to thank Mandy, from Bork Adventures, for awarding me the Beautiful Blogger Award. What an honour, thank you! If you haven’t already visited her blog, you definitely should as she offers wonderful insight into the books which all bookworms have read, are reading or aspire to read. It’s all in the name: Books + Dork = Bork. In a cool way. Thank you so much, Mandy and thanks for cheering me on as I’ve started up my blog.
Edit: Thank you also to Tracy, from The HeSo Project for awarding me this, too! HeSo stands for your heart and soul and she has a lot of both! From reading her inspiring blog about her fascinating experiences, my favourite post being ‘A Lesson I Learnt From My Dad,’ I have learnt a lot and have been highly motivated.Thank you so much, Tracy!
The Beautiful Blogger Award:
- Thank the person who gave you the award
- Paste the award on your blog
- Link the person who nominated you for the award
- Nominate 7 bloggers or less
- Post links to the 7 blogs you nominated
My nominees: Charity U at Austenitis (one of the sweetest bloggers I’ve met so far!); Indi at The Nook (she has plenty to say!); Mandy at Little Maison (adorable blog); Vintagefrills at Vintage Frills (Vintage + Jane Austen = winning combo.); Anne at Scribblings of My Pen and Tappings of My Keyboard (can’t wait for hero week!).
Firstly, the Kreativ Blogger Award from Indi, over at The Nook. Thank you so much, Indi! I really appreciate your reading my blog. : )
I have to tell you all ten things about myself, and then nominate at least six others.
I like the smell of freshly cut grass. I prefer cows to sheep and Austen to Brontë. I don’t have a car, but if I did, I would like a Mini Cooper in cream or silver, or a VW Beetle in light blue. I like the look of Blogger, but WordPress is cooler (largely because it’s the one I have… Obviously*). The Simpsons is one of the best things ever invented. If I were an animal, I would be a monkey (and maybe a movie star, like Marcel). I like slipping in Friends references to see if anyone notices. The best kind of jokes are always Chuck Norris-related. I never run out of things to say…
*I kid you not. Ok, I’m joking… Can’t believe you actually thought I was that arrogant… I’m now slightly insulted…
My nominees are: Lisa at Carr Party of Five (a kind and highly inspirational blogger); Payton at Dirt and Dickens (just wonderful and her country-girl boots are bootaful); Miss Dashwood at Yet Another Period Drama Blog (brilliant writing style and I love her blog to bits); E A M Harris at E A M Harris (soon-to-be author!), Abby at Newly Impassioned Soul (her blog is gorgeous); Miss Elizabeth at Elegance of Fashion (a truly ‘elegant’ blog); Cassie at Books and Bowel Movements (see, even the name of her blog is creative – sorry, kreativ); Tracy at The HeSo Project (see above).
This Creative Chaos Award is from Indi at The Nook, as well. Thanks, Indi!
This award is a bit different. The Creative Chaos Award recipient must complete the following:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Take your best shot at 3 tasks listed below.
3. Nominate 5 recent followers.
1. 3 weird things I do… Answer questions like this; not eat peanut butter; not drink tea/coffee. (“Whatttt?”)
2. You must tell why you look at the “glass half full” scenario and ask, “what? No coffee?”… I don’t drink coffee, so I would never say that; therefore, the only logical conclusion which I could come to in this situation would be that someone (probably an alien) has infected my brain and taken over my body. Someone who drinks coffee. I would then run to Sherlock, who would get me out of that mess. Or the Doctor. But I prefer Sherlock. (“Ooh, controversial.”)
3. You find yourself in a desolate place when the car breaks down. You have no phone service, no Wal-Mart, and only a candy bar for food. It’s 150 miles to the closest town. What color are your underpants and why?… That is so American! In the UK, we don’t have Wal-Mart; however, they own Asda stores, which is the same thing. We call ‘candy bars,’ ‘chocolate bars.’ I use kilometres, not miles (although a lot of people still use miles). We spell ‘color’ with an extra ‘u.’ We call ‘underpants,’ ‘knickers’ or ‘pants.’ So first, I would have to translate those American thoughts into English thoughts so that my brain would be able to function normally* (in 0.002145 seconds – faster than Google translate), and then I would reply to you, “That is a highly inappropriate question! Anyway, this happens all the time in movies and books. Let’s just do a Jane Eyre and run around wildly from house to house, then collapse with exhaustion until someone gives us food.” Jane Eyre annoys me. (“Ooh, really controversial.”)
*Jooooking. Random fact: I learnt fluent American English for emergency situations such as these. “No worries, y’all gad it under controwl wid de underpants thang.” (American accents are Awesome.)
My nominees are: Jenny at Caffeinated and Random (she is awesome and shares her coffee with me every morning… well, a picture of it); Thoughtsy of Thoughts Appear (Awesome – capital A); Jules from GoGuiltyPleasures (she will be able to sell her used tissues for $100s when she is famous, mark my words); Mandy from Bork Adventures (already said how great she is, see above); Meg at Snobbery (the most crazy-in-a-good-way blog I’ve found so far. The bar has been raised, bloggers).
I kind of ignored rule no. 5 there a bit, oops. Couldn’t resist - sorry!
Again, thank you, Indi! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading The Nook!
The only requirement of The Reader Appreciation Award is to list the nominees.
My nominees are: ALL OF YOU DELIGHTFUL READERS! I appreciate every single one of you and cannot possibly single any readers out. I therefore would like to offer this award to anyone who would like to accept it, so that they can reward their readers too and show their appreciation.
You’re all brilliant. Thank you.