Great news, everyone! I have been awarded my first blogger award; apparently, I’m versatile!
E A M Harris was kind enough to nominate me and I can’t thank her enough! You should all take a look at her blog if you’re interested in literature or poetry.
According to the rules, I have to nominate 15 blogs myself, who I’ve “recently discovered or follow regularly.”
The problem is that I have so many ‘favourites’! I love getting emails for everyone’s new posts… Anyway, here are a few who haven’t been nominated already by others, as far as I know:
Adventures in Borkdom – always plenty of interesting book-ish posts to read over there!
Austen Prose – fantabulous
Cinnamon & Apple – posts awesome, crafty things. Everyday.
Frances Cannot Write – Frances actually can
The Happiest Cow – that’s one happy cow!
Jane Austen Today – so much love for this blog (also writes Jane Austen’s World :O)
Je Ne Parle Pas Français – inspirational
Litlaffluv – for the lovers of Literature
Madame Guillotine – for history geeks or Marie Antoinette fans
Musings of an Anglophile – we watch similar TV programmes :D
A Room of One’s Own – because she loves Classics, too
The Tiny Sartorialist – this baby can already write a blog; he has big things ahead
Truth and Cake – her blog looks delicious
Twigs for Pigs – she makes me laugh
ZMCD Creates – a cute little blog which has just started up (for any tweens out there)
Congratulations! To everyone else who I haven’t mentioned, keep blogging! You’re all brilliant. I do not have an acceptance speech prepared which is as clever or creative as Emma Thompson’s was for Sense and Sensibility at the Golden Globes in 1996, when she pretended to be Miss Austen…
Here are seven [random] facts about myself which you may or may not know:
1. My favourite author is Jane Austen. You may already know that, but it’s important. Being a Janeite is a way of life. :P
2. I like cake, macaroons, cookies and all yummy desserts in general.
3. I prefer snow to sun.
4. I have a solid and loyal passion for Friends, the epic TV show.
5. I also watch programmes like: Sherlock, Merlin, Downton Abbey, Glee etc.
6. I’ve never watched an Audrey Hepburn movie (but these people have persuaded me that I need to.)
7. My favourite colour is rainbow. (Just kidding! That’s my favourite food! Got you again! Ok, I’ll stop now…) I sometimes make jokes… (“That was a joke?!”)
Please note, the award is completely optional and you do not have to accept. You can also get a little badge to stick on your site, if you choose to.
(Although I’ve seen one or two which are white and look like this:
Sneaky… I like :P)
Thanks to E A M Harris, once again!